Do not hesitage to give us a call. We are an expert team and we are happy to talk to you.
+387 66 408 870
Unspoiled nature is the focus of this tour, however focus is also what is necessary for a safe and smooth descent down the Tara river, situated in the deepest canyon in Europe. This tour will make every kilometer you traverse an unforgettable moment – and will ensure you forget the hassle of everyday life. With the watchful eye and helpful hand of our skillful river guides you will reach Scepan Polje, where most rafting adventures end, in safety and with satisfaction.
Welcome to hotel “Kompas”, your adventure begins with a welcoming meeting which takes place at 18:00 in our restaurant. During this meeting, and along with local snacks and beverages, you will have a chance to get familiar with the staff, hotel and your upcoming adventure. You will also receive your keys so you can settle in to your rooms.
The hotel grounds include a bar, brewery, and restaurant as well as a campground, lawns and summer kitchen by the river “Drina” in the near vicinity. You will therefore be able to enjoy artisanally made beer and brandy (otherwise known as “Rakija”) as well as locally grown food.
At 20:00 We will serve a traditional dinner for you in the hotel restaurant.
● Hotel “Kompas” in Patkovina, Foča
● Traditional 3 course Dinner
○ appetizers such as home made bosnian savoury cheese and spinach pies, mixed salad, roasted peppers, home made corn rolls and a variety of breads.
○ The main course consists of traditional veal roast with potatoes and vegetables as well as vegetarian options.
● At any moment of your choosing, you are welcome to a beer made on site at our brewery “Kompas Brewery”, or alternatively you are welcome to try our home made fruit brandy called “Rakija”. Since you are newly under our roof, this welcome drink will be on the house!
After breakfast around 8 am, you will be fitted and receive rafting equipment (neoprene suit, neoprene boots, safety helmet, safety vest and paddle). The group will then drive via terrain vehicles to Brštanovica which is the starting point for rafting on the Tara River (a UNESCO protected area). The particular stretch of river has the highest number of rapids. Prior to starting your trip, your river guide (or “Skipper”) will hold a safety briefing. Your guide will also inform you of the history of this area while you make your way down the river!
From the starting point at Brštanovica begins the most entertaining section of the river. This section of the river stretches for about 20 km from “Brštanovica” to “Scepan Polje”. The time of the descent itself is variable and depends on several factors, the most basic of which is the height of the water level, which generally depends on the time of year. Higher water levels result in faster descent, however throughout summer the water level drops, and as a result rafting this section can last three or more hours.
During the rafting trip the group will have an opportunity to take swimming and diving breaks as well as photo excursions. You will visit the coldest tributary of the river Tara, called the “Šipčanica” stream. After completing the rafting trip in Scepan Polje, you will depart the river and go back to the hotel for a shower and lunch.
After your lunch and considering you have no further activities planned, you’ll have completed your adventure.
● Breakfast includes Omelet, French Toast, Beef and Pork Prosciutto and other cold cuts, Bosnian cream cheese, homemade bread, butter, jam and honey. Tea or coffee will be available as well.
● Lunch will consist of several appetizers such as veal stew, seasonal salad and homemade bread as well as a main course consisting of roast veal and potatoes prepared under a “Sac” – a traditional method for cooking along with a traditional dessert called “urmašice”.
● Rafting on the Tara river