Do not hesitage to give us a call. We are an expert team and we are happy to talk to you.
+387 66 408 870
Deep in the canyon of the Tara river, more precisely in the town of Splavište, begins a rafting adventure of four days and a length of some 80 kilometers. The Tara Canyon, although it is experienced from a raft, will leave and impression on all of your senses. While the upper part of the canyon is characterized by unspoiled nature and phenomenal beaches, the lower part of the Tara River Canyon is home to some large white water rapids, at times reaching Class V by international standards.
Welcome to hotel “Kompas”, your adventure begins with a welcoming meeting which takes place at 18:00 in our restaurant. During this meeting, and along with local snacks and beverages, you will have a chance to get familiar with the staff, hotel and your upcoming adventure. You will also receive your keys so you can settle in to your rooms.
The hotel grounds include a bar, brewery, and restaurant as well as a campground, lawns and summer kitchen by the river “Drina” in the near vicinity. You will therefore be able to enjoy artisanally made beer and brandy (otherwise known as “Rakija”) as well as locally grown food.
At 20:00 We will serve a traditional dinner for you in the hotel restaurant.
● Hotel “Kompas” in Patkovina, Foča
● Traditional 3 course Dinner
○ appetizers such as home made bosnian savoury cheese and spinach pies, mixed salad, roasted peppers, home made corn rolls and a variety of breads.
○ The main course consists of traditional veal roast with potatoes and vegetables as well as vegetarian options.
● At any moment of your choosing, you are welcome to a beer made on site at our brewery “Kompas Brewery”, or alternatively you are welcome to try our home made fruit brandy called “Rakija”. Since you are newly under our roof, this welcome drink will be on the house!
After Breakfast, at approximately 8:00, you will receive your rafting gear including neoprene suit, neoprene boots, safety helmet, safety vest and paddle. These, along with extra personal clothing, will be packed away in our terrain vehicle to accompany you throughout your journey. Your trip will take you through the Tara Canyon, which is the deepest canyon in Europe and stretches for 80 kilometers. Along the way you will be lodging at two separate local locations.
In the next two and a half hours, traveling over “Trsa” and “Žabljak” and by the “Đurđević Tari” bridge, you will arrive at “Šljivansko”. More precisely, you’ll head for the docks where the rafts and complete rafting gear await, for the beginning of your three day rafting journey through the Tara river canyon.
The first rafting day covers the section of the river between “Žabljaka” to “Radovan Luke”, measuring around 30 kilometers. You will require about 4 hours to complete this section, when you consider there will be swimming breaks, rests and an outdoor lunch.
In this first section you will pass by ”Žugića luke”, ”Mušovića vrela”, ”Lazin kamen”, places where the river is the narrowest, deepest and makes for the most interesting rafting in the Balkans. You will also encounter the rapid river “Ljutica” which rushes and foams dramatically for 150 meters.
The lodgings on this night will be at the motel “Radovan Luka” where we will also dine.
● Motel “Radovan Luka”
● Breakfast will be local domestic specialties
● Picnic Lunch
● Dinner at “Radovan Luka”
● Rafting on the Tara River
After breakfast, around 10:00, you will continue on to the second part of the Tara river going to “Brštanovica”.
The second section of the river flows through the most beautiful parts of Durmitor national park. The river in this section is the calmest, but also the most beautiful. Particularly around the village of Tepce, by which you will pass, the Tara river canyon is at its deepest and the only accessible by rafts such as the one where you will be on board. You will also pass by “Bajlovića siga” which is a waterfall emitting from the cave “Bučevica”, which is also only accessible by raft.
After approximately 4 hours of rafting you will arrive at camp “Brštanovica”, where we will have lodging in wooden cabins.
● Camp “Brštanovica”
● Breakfast ala carte at Motel “Radovan Luka”
● Lunch will be local domestic specialites at camp “Brštanovica”
● Dinner will be local domestic specialites at camp “Brštanovica”
● Rafting on the Tara River
After breakfast, around 10:00, you will head out to tackle the rapids of the final section of the river. This stretch runs for about 20 kilometers from “Brštanovice” to “Šćepan Polja”. The duration for this section of the river varies based on a number of factors, predominantly the water level which is lower in mid and late summer, which can make the journey last three or more hours.
During the rafting trip you will take a number of swimming and photo breaks. You’ll have the opportunity to see and stop at other rivers flowing into the Tara including “Šipčanica” which is the coldest of these rivers. After your rafting trip has been completed at “Šćepan Polje” you will board our all terrain vehicles and head back to hotel “Kompas” for lunch and drinks.
Your dinner will also be served at the hotel, after which your adventure will be complete.
● Breakfast will be local domestic specialites at camp “Brštanovica”
● Lunch will consist of several appetizers such as veal stew, seasonal salad and homemade bread as well as a main course consisting of roast veal and potatoes prepared under a “Sac” – a traditional method for cooking along with a traditional dessert called “urmašice”.
● Rafting on the Tara River