Do not hesitage to give us a call. We are an expert team and we are happy to talk to you.
+387 66 408 870
Explore the deepest canyon in Europe and listen to it’s story, presented by our guides, as you visit some of the most beautiful vistas in the Tara River Canyon. You will start this cycling tour on the right bank of the Tara River, located in Bosnia and Herzegovina, and on the second day of the trip find yourself on the left bank in Montenegro, more precisely on the banks of Black Lake in the immediate vicinity of the town of Zabljak.
Welcome to hotel “Kompas”, your adventure begins with a welcoming meeting which takes place at 18:00 in our restaurant. During this meeting, and along with local snacks and beverages, you will have a chance to get familiar with the staff, hotel and your upcoming adventure. You will also receive your keys so you can settle in to your rooms.
The hotel grounds include a bar, brewery, and restaurant as well as a campground, lawns and summer kitchen by the river “Drina” in the near vicinity. You will therefore be able to enjoy artisanally made beer and brandy (otherwise known as “Rakija”) as well as locally grown food.
At 20:00 We will serve a traditional dinner for you in the hotel restaurant.
● Hotel “Kompas” in Patkovina, Foča
● Traditional 3 course Dinner
○ appetizers such as home made bosnian savoury cheese and spinach pies, mixed salad, roasted peppers, home made corn rolls and a variety of breads.
○ The main course consists of traditional veal roast with potatoes and vegetables as well as vegetarian options.
● At any moment of your choosing, you are welcome to a beer made on site at our brewery “Kompas Brewery”, or alternatively you are welcome to try our home made fruit brandy called “Rakija”. Since you are newly under our roof, this welcome drink will be on the house!
The morning after your arrival, you’ll be served breakfast between 7:30-8:30 and you’ll have a meet and greet with your guide who will introduce you to the route and provide you with a bicycle and equipment. All gear will be loaded onto terrain vehicles at which point you will depart from the hotel, over the hamlet of “Zavait” and after about 50 kilometers you will reach the hamlet of Meštrevac. This is where your bike tour begins.
Cycling along the edge of the Tara River canyon, even though at an incline, will not be too difficult thanks to the beautiful views along the way to the village of Vranovi. In order to enjoy the unique and wide ranging panorama as long as possible, we will arrange lunch in this place. In addition to the view of most of the canyon of the river Tara you will also see Maglić, Durmitor, Komove and Piva Mountains.
After completing the first twenty kilometers of the tour, you will start the second section of the tour continuing onwards through the village of Ognjenica to Tepci, a village located on the left side of the Tara River Canyon. After crossing the wire bridge that connects Bosnia and Herzegovina and Montenegro, you will arrive in a village at the foot of Durmitor, where you will have dinner and stay the night in traditional farmhouse lodging.
● Small Domestic Farm
● Breakfast includes fried eggs, Bosnian savoury doughnuts, Beef and Pork Prosciutto and other cold cuts, Bosnian cream cheese, homemade bread, butter, jam and honey. Tea or coffee will be available as well.
● Packed Lunch
● Dinner will be local domestic specialties prepared by the farm host
● Jeep Safari
● Bike tour “Vranovina”
After breakfast at 8am, you will continue on your way to the town of “Žabljak”. Since Tepca Village has the lowest altitude on Durnitor, in the next 13km you have to be ready for a steep ascent. You’ll ride along a macadam road all the way to the “Ćurevac” viewpoint. The difference in altitude between your point of departure and destination is about 1000m.
From the viewpoint and over “Nadgore” along a paved road of 12km we arrive in Žabljak
Three kilometers from Žabljak you will see “Crno Jezero” (or the “Black lake”), which is the final destination. Being Durmitor’s most famous and highest lake, it is located at the foot of the “Medjed” (or “Bear”) peak, which is encircled by dense conifer forest. In the immediate vicinity of the lake, the group will meet the driver in charge of your return to the hotel.
You now have a two-hour drive through the heart of the Durmitor National Park, across Trse and Crkvicko Polje. Once you reach the “Scepan Polje” border crossing, you will be about a 20 minute drive to the Hotel.
Around 16:00 you will have lunch with the group, after which your tour will be complete.
● Breakfast will be local domestic specialties prepared by the farm host
● Lunch will consist of several appetizers such as veal stew, seasonal salad and homemade bread as well as a main course consisting of roast veal and potatoes prepared under a “Sac” – a traditional method for cooking along with a traditional dessert called “urmašice”.
● Bike tour “Žabljak – Tepca”
● Jeep Safari Durmitor