Do not hesitage to give us a call. We are an expert team and we are happy to talk to you.
+387 66 408 870
The sand pyramids, prehistoric drawings on the Glacier Cave, as well as waterfalls at Otes are just some of the natural monuments that are covered by our cycling tours. The trail is of medium difficulty and has views of stunning vistas and landscape. One of the the biggest advantages of the organized bike tours is meeting new people who share a passion for the two-wheeled lifestyle.
Welcome to hotel “Kompas”, your adventure begins with a welcoming meeting which takes place at 18:00 in our restaurant. During this meeting, and along with local snacks and beverages, you will have a chance to get familiar with the staff, hotel and your upcoming adventure. You will also receive your keys so you can settle in to your rooms.
The hotel grounds include a bar, brewery, and restaurant as well as a campground, lawns and summer kitchen by the river “Drina” in the near vicinity. You will therefore be able to enjoy artisanally made beer and brandy (otherwise known as “Rakija”) as well as locally grown food.
At 20:00 We will serve a traditional dinner for you in the hotel restaurant.
● Hotel “Kompas” in Patkovina, Foča
● Traditional 3 course Dinner
○ appetizers such as home made bosnian savoury cheese and spinach pies, mixed salad, roasted peppers, home made corn rolls and a variety of breads.
○ The main course consists of traditional veal roast with potatoes and vegetables as well as vegetarian options.
● At any moment of your choosing, you are welcome to a beer made on site at our brewery “Kompas Brewery”, or alternatively you are welcome to try our home made fruit brandy called “Rakija”. Since you are newly under our roof, this welcome drink will be on the house!
The morning after your arrival, you’ll be served breakfast between 7:30-8:30 and you’ll have a meet and greet with your guide who will introduce you to the route and provide you with a bicycle.
In starting from the hotel, you will ride for the first kilometer along the main road, after which you will take a local road which is paved for the first five kilometers, and the remaining 15 kilometers to our final destination, “Otesh” waterfall, will be on a well maintained macadam road. It will take 2.5 hours of active cycling to master the route in one direction, keeping in mind however that there are many scenic viewpoints along the way, you will have ample opportunity for breaks and places to fill your water bottle with spring water!
Halfway through the ride, you will take a break to visit and photograph the “Sand Pyramids”, which is a rare natural landmark. These are rare geological formations caused by climate driven erosion which can also be found around the world such as in Colorado, the Dolomites in Italy and the “Đavoljoj Varoši” (Or “Devil’s Town”) in Serbia.
In the immediate vicinity of the pyramids, there is another monument to nature, but in order for our break not to be too long, we will visit this place on our way back. After the break you will ride on to the waterfall on the river Otes. The source of the river is “Zelengora” Mountain, the waterfall is created by water flowing out from two caves 50 meters above ground.
In the village of Daničići, upon our return from the waterfall, we will visit the “Ledenjača” cave which has prehistoric drawings carved at it’s entrance dating back to the Bronze Age.
You should expect to be back at the hotel by 15:00 where a meal will be organised for all participants. After supper, your touring package is complete.
● Breakfast includes fried eggs, Bosnian savoury doughnuts, Beef and Pork Prosciutto and other cold cuts, Bosnian cream cheese, homemade bread, butter, jam and honey. Tea or coffee will be available as well.
● Lunch will consist of several appetizers such as veal stew, seasonal salad and homemade bread as well as a main course consisting of roast veal and potatoes prepared under a “Sac” – a traditional method for cooking along with a traditional dessert called “urmašice”.
● Bike tour to the Sand Pyramids, Ledenjača cave, and Oteš waterfalls.