If you have any questions do not hesitate to call us.
+387 65 792 814
+387 66 155 378
The first river along which you paddle is an experience which will flow through the rest of your life, therefore you need to make the right choice. The Tara River will leave a deep impression on all who venture on this trip, with its inexhaustible beauty and beech trees growing straight from the rockface of the canyon and out towards the sky and over the river, it is hard to leave this place with indifference. Choosing the Tara for your first river experience is definitely not a mistake. In addition to the natural experience, after your rafting trip, you will have an opportunity to visit our in house brewery and try our home made beer.
Welcome to hotel "Kompas". Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting around 18:00. Here, you will have a chance to get to know your hosts and other guests in our rustic atmosphere. At this point you will receive the keys to your rooms also.
For your welcome drink, you will have an opportunity to try beer from our own brewery which is part of the Kompas complex.
At 21:00, the hotel will prepare dinner at the hotel restaurant.
● Hotel “Kompas”, Foča
● Traditional Dinner (Appetizers such as home made bosnian savoury cheese and spinach pies, mixed salad, roasted peppers, home made corn rolls and a variety of breads. The main course consists of traditional stewed veal with potatoes and vegetables as well as vegetarian options.)
After breakfast, around 9:00, you will be fitted and receive rafting equipment (neoprene suit, neoprene boots, safety helmet, safety vest and paddle). The group will then drive via terrain vehicles to Brštanovica which is the starting point for rafting on the Tara River (a UNESCO protected area). The particular stretch of river has the highest number of rapids. Prior to starting your trip, your river guide (or “Skipper”) will hold a safety briefing. Your guide will also inform you of the history of this area while you make your way down the river!
From the starting point at Brštanovica begins the most entertaining section of the river. This section of the river stretches for about 20km from “Brštanovica” to “Scepan Polje”. The time of the descent itself is variable and depends on several factors, the most basic of which is the height of the water level, which generally depends on the time of year. Higher water levels result in faster descent, however throughout summer the water level drops, and as a result rafting this section can last three or more hours
During the rafting trip you will take a number of swimming and photo breaks. You’ll have the opportunity to see and stop at other rivers flowing into the Tara including “Šipčanica” which, along with its beauty, is the coldest of these rivers. After your rafting trip has been completed at “Šćepan Polje” you will board our all terrain vehicles and head back to hotel “Kompas” for lunch and drinks.
In the period between Lunch and Dinner, you will have the opportunity to visit our brewery, which is directly across the street from the hotel. You’ll be able to chat to our master brewer at this time and try one of our various types of beer.
● Hotel “Kompas”, Foča
● Breakfast includes Omelet, French Toast, Beef and Pork Prosciutto and other cold cuts, Bosnian cream cheese, homemade bread, butter, jam and honey. Tea or coffee will be available as well.
● Lunch will consist of several appetizers such as veal stew, seasonal salad and homemade bread as well as a main course consisting of roast veal and potatoes prepared under a “Sac” - a traditional method for cooking along with a traditional dessert called “urmašice”.
● Traditional diner (appetizers such as home made bosnian savoury cheese and spinach pies, mixed salad, roasted peppers, home made corn rolls and a variety of breads. The main course consists of traditional mixed meat and vegetable grill as well as vegetarian options).
● Rafting on the Tara River
After breakfast, and considering that there are no further activities planned, your adventure will be complete.
● Breakfast includes Porridge, Bosnian savoury doughnuts, Beef and Pork Prosciutto and other cold cuts, Bosnian cream cheese, homemade bread, butter, jam and honey. Tea or coffee will be available as well.
Kao tour operater aktivnih odmora na teritoriji Bosne i Hercegovine, možemo istaći da je rafting na Tari jedan od najpopularnijih vidova aktivnog odmora, kako kod nas tako i u regionu. Spuštanje niz brojne bukove, čine rafting Tarom adrenalinskim sportom, posebno kada se spustovi obavljaju u aprilu, maju i prvoj polovini juna kada su bukovi usled topljena snega i obilnih kiša na interacionalnoj skali težine ocenjeni sa ocenom V. Zbog svega pobrojanog, za doživljaj adrenalina na bezbedan način, neophodno je da kormilom rukovodi profesionalan i iskusan skiper, te da svi učesnici budu opremljeni kvalitetnom opremom za rafting koja podrazumeva Neoprensko odelo; Čizmice od neoprena; Kacigu; Sigurnosni prsluk; Anorak jaknu; Veslo.
Iz domaće kuhinje, prema trpezi uvijek se širi miris hljeba, pita, pogačica i drugih peciva koja se peku. Trpezom dominira meso, koje se peče ispod sača odnosno peke ili kuva na laganoj vatrici duže vremena, dok ne dođe u fazu razdvajanja na najsitnije fragmente. Tipični sastojci jelima su krompir, crni i bijeli luk, paprika, paradajiz, mrkva, kupis spanac i pasulj. Od mliječnih proizvoda, tradicionalnom kuhinjom dominiraju kajmak, mladi sir, mlijeko i pavlaka.
Pošto se pod okriljem našeg hotela Kompas nalazi i kompleks na obali Drine, koji pored ljetne bašte obuhvata restoran kao i smještajni kapacitet, vrste smještaja su brojne. Hotelski kapacitet je koncipiran kroz dvokrevetne sobe, sa bračnim i samačkim krevetima, kao i jednim apartmanom. Dok kompleks na Drini raspolaže dvokrevetnim i trokrevetnim bungalovima, kao i mogućnošću za postavljanjem šatora.