If you have any questions do not hesitate to call us.
+387 65 792 814
+387 66 155 378
Visiting the oldest rainforest in Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Perucica rainforest, as well as the deepest canyon in Europe, the Tara River Canyon is enough to realise your craving for daring adventure and natural beauty. On this tour you will witness the silent process of creation, where the seeds grow and the fallen trees slowly vanish without a sound, it often happens that thoughts are lost and the soul is found.
Welcome to hotel "Kompas". Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting around 18:00. Here, you will have a chance to get to know your hosts and other guests in our rustic atmosphere. At this point you will receive the keys to your rooms also.
For your welcome drink, you will have an opportunity to try beer from our own brewery which is part of the Kompas complex.
At 21:00, the hotel will prepare dinner at the hotel restaurant.
● Hotel “Kompas”, Foča
● Traditional Dinner (Appetizers such as home made bosnian savoury cheese and spinach pies, mixed salad, roasted peppers, home made corn rolls and a variety of breads. The main course consists of traditional stewed veal with potatoes and vegetables as well as vegetarian options.)
After breakfast, around 8:00, you will meet with your guide and driver and head in the direction of Sutjeska national park. More precisely you will drive to “Tjentište” which has a central location within the park and from there head out to explore one of the last rainforests in Europe named “Perućica”.
Aside from touring the rainforest in all terrain vehicles, at about 10km distance from Tjentište, you will stop at the “Beškita'' viewpoint, which is one of two viewpoints which are accessible by a short walk through the forest. The Beškita viewpoint allows views of large parts of the national park, as well as the “valley of heroes” in Tjentište
The road continues on to the parking lot at “Dragoš Sedlo”, where you will follow a path to the viewpoint carrying the same name. Aside from the beauty of the forest and its surrounding peaks, this view allows you to see the waterfall “Grasshopper”. This waterfall drops approximately 70 meters, the crashing water and it’s echoes can be heard throughout the area.
Approximately 8 kilometers from “Dragoš Sedlo” you will arrive at the “Prijevor” plateau, which is nestled right under the mountain “Maglić”, the largest peak in Bosnia and Herzegovina. From here you have a view of many other peaks including Trnovačko, Durmitor, Volujak, and Zelengora towering above the canyon of the river “Sutjeska”.
Around 16:00, you will head from Prijevor to Tjentište, more precisely the “Valley of Heroes'' where you can visit the monument to the fallen soldiers of WWII. Afterwards, you will head back to the hotel for dinner, entertainment and rest.
● Hotel “Kompas”, Foča
● Breakfast includes Omelet, French Toast, Beef and Pork Prosciutto and other cold cuts, Bosnian cream cheese, homemade bread, butter, jam and honey. Tea or coffee will be available as well.
● Picnic Lunch
● Traditional Dinner (appetizers such as home made bosnian savoury cheese and spinach pies, mixed salad, roasted peppers, home made corn rolls and a variety of breads. The main course consists of traditional grilled trout with potatoes and vegetables as well as vegetarian options).
● Jeep Safari through the Perućica rainforest
After breakfast around 8 am, you will be fitted and receive rafting equipment (neoprene suit, neoprene boots, safety helmet, safety vest and paddle). The group will then drive via terrain vehicles to Brštanovica which is the starting point for rafting on the Tara River (a UNESCO protected area). The particular stretch of river has the highest number of rapids. Prior to starting your trip, your river guide (or “Skipper”) will hold a safety briefing. Your guide will also inform you of the history of this area while you make your way down the river!
From the starting point at Brštanovica begins the most entertaining section of the river. This section of the river stretches for about 20km from “Brštanovica” to “Scepan Polje”. The time of the descent itself is variable and depends on several factors, the most basic of which is the height of the water level, which generally depends on the time of year. Higher water levels result in faster descent, however throughout summer the water level drops, and as a result rafting this section can last three or more hours.
During the rafting trip you will take a number of swimming and photo breaks. You’ll have the opportunity to see and stop at other rivers flowing into the Tara including “Šipčanica” which, along with its beauty, is the coldest of these rivers. After your rafting trip has been completed at “Šćepan Polje” you will board our all terrain vehicles and head back to hotel “Kompas” for lunch and drinks.
After lunch, your tour has been completed.
● Breakfast includes Porridge, Bosnian savoury doughnuts, Beef and Pork Prosciutto and other cold cuts, Bosnian cream cheese, homemade bread, butter, jam and honey. Tea or coffee will be available as well.
● Lunch will consist of several appetizers such as veal stew, seasonal salad and homemade bread as well as a main course consisting of roast veal and potatoes prepared under a “Sac” - a traditional method for cooking along with a traditional dessert called “urmašice”.
● Rafting on the Tara River